Through the course of your move, while you are rushing to get organized and get your things in order, your belongings can occasionally be misplaced or forgotten altogether. Amidst all of the chaos, it is therefore important to remain organized, and make sure not to forget critical things that you will need in your new residence. At The Professionals Moving Specialists, we want to make sure that you stay well coordinated in your move so that you don’t leave anything behind. Past moving experience of helping clients move from one location in Chicago, IL to another, we have unfortunately heard individuals have forgotten key items that they have needed later on. Below is a list of the top Items Regularly forgotten during moving process. These items include:
1. Personal Records- Often times during the moving process, one of the most significant and forgotten items are personal records. Personal records take a decent amount of time to accrue, and should be gotten weeks prior to your move. These include dental records, medical records, veterinarian, and birth certificates.
2. Valuables- Jewelry and other valuable items are sometimes forgotten as they are usually placed in hidden or well protected areas. Make sure that you have all of your expensive and valuable items packed before you begin your move.
3. Library Books- This is one is also one of the most forgotten items on the list. Typically people tend not to forget to pack their bookshelves and books, but they do forget that some of these books are library books and are, in fact, due to be returned. Make sure to return all lent and borrowed library books to their proper library.
4. Dry Cleaning- Dry cleaning is also a very common thing that most people tend to forget while moving, as people leave their clothes at the dry cleaners and forget to pick them up. Make sure that if you have laundry or dry cleaning tickets around you make sure to recover all your clothes and not leave them behind.
5. Plungers and Toilet Bowl Cleaners- This is an example of another item often forgotten that people forget is theirs and not apart of the home. Plungers and toilet bowl cleaners as well as all other bathroom appliances are necessary in your new home.
6. Phone Books- Other typically forgotten items are phonebooks and address books. Be sure that you remember to bring your phonebooks with you as you don’t want to leave behind all of your contacts.
7. Keys- Keys of all kinds can be forgotten during the moving process. This can include old house keys, new house keys, car keys, cabinet keys, safe keys etc. Make sure to recover all of your keys as it will cause you difficulty later on.
8. Household plants- Household plants are another very common item that is often forgotten. Do not forget your household plants as they will not be properly cared for and watered and will likely wither away in your absence.
9. Coffee Makers- Often forgotten as if a piece of the abandoned kitchen themselves, many people forget their coffee makers in their old house. Pack you coffee makers or else how else will you wake up in the morning!!!
10. Gardening Tools- Gardening tools are typically located outside of the home which explains why they are typically forgotten. Hoses, lawnmowers are among the most forgotten items, so be sure you do not forget them when you are preparing for your move.
11. Microwaves- Another kitchen appliance often thought of as part of the kitchen themselves, and the main reason why it is left behind. A microwave is a significant part of your home and home dining, so be sure not to forget to pack it.
12. Medicine- Often left in cabinets and closets, medicines are a very important and should not be forgotten. Some prescription medication is needed regularly and forgetting them can be an extreme detriment to your well-being. Be sure not to forget your medicines.
13. Tools- This refers to all kinds of household tools such as hammers, nails and thing of that nature. Make sure that you collect all of your tools and place them in a tool box that is easy to carry and manage.
14. Toilet Paper- Arguably the most important item on this list. Do not forget toilet paper...you will regret it later.
15. Mail/Bills- A common mistake people tend to make when moving is to inform the post office of their change of address. Failing to do this will result in your mail being sent to your old address, and you will not be able to get a hold of important bills and other significant mail.
16. Garage Door Opener- Another example of one of the most forgotten moving items. Garage Door Openers can sometimes be an expensive tool and most people forget to remove their openers to bring to their new residence.
17. Gym Memberships- In a similar light to mails/bills, most people forget to cancel their gym memberships in their old neighborhoods and still incur the costs associated with membership fees. Be sure to cancel your gym memberships and all other memberships and subscriptions.
18. Trash and recycle bins- Another group of items people often forget are their trash and recycle bins, as they are located on the outside of the home. Make sure to recover these items, as the new residents will most certainly use them.
19. Lamps and other lighting equipment- People often forget their lamps and other lighting equipment in the home as well. Make sure that anything that is plugged into an outlet is removed which brings us to the next item...
20. Chargers and other plug ins- Once again be sure to remove any items plugged into outlets. Chargers especially are important as you cannot use your phone without them.
The Professionals Moving Specialists hope is by showing you this list, and making movers aware of commonly forgotten items, you can become more organized in your move. And if you are looking for a superlative moving company to help you transition into your new residence, be sure to contact The Professionals Moving Specialists, one of the most trusted names in moving.