Congratulations...you are in your new home! You have selected the home, moved all your possessions in and have unpacked. So, now you can sit back and enjoy your new residence - or can you? Moving in is just the first step, now you need to take appropriate measures to ensure that your home remains safe!
Protecting your family and home is an important part of your everyday life. You need to make sure that your doors and windows are locked when you leave, that you have reduced the risk of fire in the home, that you are taking measures to make your kitchen safe for everyone and that your kids are also safe in your home. These are just a few of the areas that people need to be concerned about in their new home. And, taking proper safeguard right from the beginning can make your home a safe place for everyone!
To learn more about home security and safety precautions that you should take in your new house, we have provided the following resources. Please feel free to review them and use them as you wish. And, also pass this along to your friends, family and neighbors so that they too can have a secure home.
- Home Fire Prevention and Safety Tips - In this informative page from the U.S.. Fire Administration you will get everyday advice on preventing home fires.
- Home Fire Safety - This article from the Red Cross lists ways that people can be fire safe at home.
- Home Fires - A useful government web page that contains common sense advice for homeowners and others on how to prevent accidental fires at home.
- Fire Safety - This article from Kids Health offers advice for parents on what to look for to reduce the risk of home fire.
- Fire Safety Tip Sheets - A helpful article that offers guidance on how to keep your home safe from fire and smoke.
Kid Safety at Home
- Kids Home Safety Tips - Useful article that looks at areas of potential danger for kids around the house.
- Childproofing Around the Home - An article that deals with was that parents can help childproof the home.
- Kids Safety - Parents Magazine provides an overview of the problems that can arise around the house with kids.
- Child Injuries Are Preventable - Informative information from the Center for Disease Control showing how injuries can be prevented at home.
- Fire Safety for Kids - In this article you will learn how kids can be safe from the dangers of fire around the home.
- Safety at Home - Resourceful page from the National Safety Council that gives advice on being safe in the home.
- My Safe Home - Helpful website that gives advice for being safe at home.
- PBS Home Safety - In this page you will find useful information and advice on home safety.
- Safety Guides - Informative page that lists guides that can be used around the home.
- Senior Home Safety - This page provides video information that can be helpful to senior citizens in being safe.
Chicago Specialty Moving Services
Chicagoland Area Moving Companies
Packing Supplies & Moving Resoures